Have an account?

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

America's New President !


Congratulations to Barack Obama & family but also to the Democrats who are back.
I thought he would win, but I was never 100 % sure before some of the votes were counted. The votes are still being counted, but it's pretty safe to say that Barack Obama has made history of becoming the first black president.

Barack Obama has so far won 349 electoral votes while John McCain has "only" won 163 electoral votes. The Democrats also won a majority in the senate and the house of representatives. For recent and more precise numbers, go to CBS News

I don't know much about the voting system in America, but I know that the new president will officially move into the White House on 20. January 2009.

My opinion, if I could vote, I had voted for Obama as well. I agree more with his politics than with McCain's and frankly, I don't want to see Mrs. Sarah Palin as potential commander-in-chief !

0 comments: