Have an account?

Monday, May 17, 2010

Guide to Viikii

Alright, I've noticed some people having trouble using Viikii, myself included.

So today I took some time to figure out what on earth I kept doing wrong?
Well, it's actually awfully simple and just requires me clicking "yes" and "install" a few times.

Are you also in doubt? - Have you never gotten it to work? Then click read more.

What is required for you to watch Viikii's video is the ViikiiDesktopPlugin.

Here's a short guide:
Click on this link to install Viikii's DesktopPlugin

-> Click "install now"
-> Click "yes"
-> Click "install"
-> Click "continue"
-> Click "I agree"

Wait for the plugin to finish installing, then a desktop icon will be added either to your desktop/programme list (under the start button) on a Windows or the Applications folder on a Mac.
Make sure the plugin is "activated"/"on" and refresh the Viikii page and the video should begin. :)

Let me know if there are any problems. I'll try to help ;)

Note: Viikii is (mostly) amateur subs by dedicated fans - although they're amazingly fast, there might be minor errors in the translation as they aren't quality controlled.

8 comments:

Kerry Daniel said...

I have a problem is that I installed the way you published and says "there is an error in the application that I contact the creators to see what the problem"
I can do I was watching some videos and I can not
can you help me
Thank you in advance what

Mack91 said...

Hmm.. Did you remember to turn on the programme when you wanted to watch a video from viikii?

Anonymous said...

Hi !
Help ! Please...
I get this error from flash player: A download error occurred ! Try to download again ? And i tried so many times. Nothing has changed. I installed flash player, restarted my computer for so many times and nothing is working :(

Mack91 said...

That sounds like a flash player error and not a problem with viikii.
I would try to remove flash player - go to control panel (if you're using a windows) or the application folder if you're using a Mac - afterwards I'd try to install flash player again :)

Let me know if it still doesn't help.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, but i already done this... And still doesn't work ... How can i get that viikii plug-in from somewhere else?

Mack91 said...

Unfortunately, I don't know if you can find the viikii plug-in anywhere else. I tried to look on the website, but can't find any alternative. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Omg, I have the same problem, i unstalled it and wanted to re-install but the same problem popped up saying there's an error and contact the application author. Error# 2032.
I tried downloading this 3 months ago and tried it today still did not work.

Mack91 said...

Sorry guys, I've tried to look into the viikii problem, but I haven't found a solution. I'll try to add as many alternatives to the subs as possible, so hopefully you can watch one of the alternatives.