Have an account?

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The death of Heath Ledger


I forgot to mention the last time I wrote an entry:
As everyone probably has heard already, Heath Ledger was found dead in his apartment on 22 January 2008. My sincere condolences to his family and friends. Especially little Matilda, who has to grow up without her father.
I believe Heath will have a private funeral in his hometown, Perth in Australia. According to The Australian, Kim and Sally Ledger (Heath's parents) thanked Guildford Grammar School for offering the school's chapel for Heath's funeral but politely turned it down. Heath went to this school when he has younger.



Michelle Williams (Dawson's Creek), formerly engaged to Heath and the mother of their daughter had a press release saying that she was heart-broken and that Heath still lives inside their beautiful daughter Matilda.

The cause of death was supposed to be revealed today, but it has been delayed till tomorrow. There have been rumours of an accidental overdose, heart problems and several other theories.

But the main thing is that Heath died, and I believe a lot of people are grieving right now. Even fans from all over the world are mourning over his death. I can't say that I am a fan myself, considering the fact that I have only seen two of his films. (10 things I hate about you & Brokeback Mountain). But I do think that he was a talented actor who improved tremendously over the years. I heard that the sales of his movies have rose a lot over the last couple of weeks, perhaps because people start to realise that these are the only films he will ever make. I even felt an urge to watch 10 things I hate about you again. - Speaking of this movie, watch it if you like. You will laugh, you will cry (taking the situation in consideration), and you will probably enjoy it as well. It's a teen movie yes, but watch it anyway. I found it hilarious when watching it a couple of years back, and I still do. But seeing it years later, now also made me realise the details, like the actors/actresses expressions etc.

Here's the movie poster:


Also the trailer:


Credits to the uploader.

0 comments: