Have an account?

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Introduction - The Fierce Wife

I came across this while checking my YT subscription list. SETTV had uploaded a few previews for this new drama called "The Fierce Wife".
I've checked out the previews and it looks pretty interesting. For PSM fans, perhaps this is something for you too :)



Click:

Official Title: 犀利人妻 / Xi Li Ren Qi
Official English title: The Fierce Wife
Genre: Family/Romance
Broadcast Network: SETTV
Air date: 05 Nov 2010 - unknown
Air time: Fridays 22:00-23:30

Cast:
Sonia Sui as Xie An Zhen
James Wen Sheng Hao as Wen Rui Fan
Chris Wang as Lan Tian Wei
Amanda Zhu as Lai Wei En

Sonia starred in P.S. Man along with James (who also starred in Autumn's Concerto as MuCheng's father and in My Queen as Cheryl's ex).
Chris Wang is unknown to me, but he also starred in P.S. Man (does anyone recognise him?
Amanda Zhu starred in Autumn's Concerto as the pitiful girl who had a crush on TuoYe. Her character was named Hua Ci Xin.

Synopsis:
Xie An Zhen was happily married with one daughter until her husband cheated on her with her cousin. And the ensuing divorce became a battle of love and wits.

Source: Dramawiki

Opening song: (Credits to SETTV)

Direct Link

(Quite catchy song actually..)

I'm mostly interested in James & Sonia's chemistry. I was totally rooting for them in PSM, but it looks like they won't end up together in this one either.. At least they are together in the beginning. What do you guys think? To watch or to skip?

9 comments:

Meh said...

:\\
I'm kinda a bit iffy on this one. From what I've seen in the first two episodes, I'm not really sure if this is going to have a happy ending, and the synopsis really isn't appealing to me. (How can he cheat on herr? ;__;)
But, I have to say, I really enjoyed their chemistry in The Happy Times of That Year. :[ So I'm not sure...

On the side note, I totally couldn't tell that Amanda Zhu/Wei En was Hua Ci Xin. o_o shocked.

Anonymous said...

I hope it'll have James and Sonia chemistryy. ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-OllOvXTx0&feature=channel :D they makes me laugh.

Anonymous said...

watch it!!! quite interesting..hehee
Chris Wang, at first I also can't recognize him but looks familiar face :)... he is the kid father at PSM..

Mack91 said...

Meh: Yeah, I feel the same way. How can he cheat on her? - That's why I'm afraid they won't end up together. I do however, think I should give it a shot. Maybe other pairings will surprise us?

Regarding Amanda Zhu, yeah.. I recognised the girl, but didn't know it was Hua Ci Xin before I checked dramawiki.

Anonymous no. 1: I actually haven't seen that drama yet, but it's on my list as well :)

Anonymous no 2: I guess I should watch it :) - Aha, I did find his face sort of familiar, although I never finished PSM, so that's probably why I didn't recognise him.

Kath said...

I randomly stumbled across this drama on Vikii one day and was so excited to see Sonia and James together again, but after looking at the plot I was so DISAPPOINTED in the way they were going, cheating and mentions of divorce, ahhhhhhh.....I wanted to see their relationship develop and progress TOGETHER in the series but being a drama of course there would be obstacles. I think I will wait until the whole series is done to watch this not sure I want to see these two separating :-( But the kids certainly were cute though.

Anonymous said...

I am currently following the drama and was pleasantly surprised by how watchable it is! Chris Wang was in the drama Lucky Days as well as the host of the TV show Adventure King (Mao Xian Wang). His character in The Fierce Wife is really fun to watch.

I would definitely give this drama a try. It's pretty great!

Mack91 said...

Kath, yeah.. I'm also a bit iffy about the cheating part.. Isn't he also cheating on her with her sister or something..?

Anonymous, mixed opinions I see :) Perhaps I should at least give the drama the benefit of the doubt.

Samantha 3.0 said...

It's a good series more real than some I have watched.

Mack91 said...

Samantha, yes. I do think the plot is a lot more realistic than other TW dramas, but cheating in general usually just pisses me off... So I haven't really watched it yet XD