Have an account?

Saturday, December 04, 2010

Introduction - Channel-X

Since ZWY ended last Sunday a new drama will be replacing it this Sunday. The drama is called Channel-X.
Endless Love is, according to Dramawiki, replaced by Gossip Girl i.e. no new TW drama on the CTS channel for now.



Chinese name: 國民英雄 / Guo Min Ying Xiong
English name: Channel-X (or National Hero, direct translation of Chinese name)
Genre: Romance, thriller, mystery
Channel: SETTV

Click:

Cast:
Joe Cheng as An Zai Yong
Amber Kuo as Hong Xiao Lu
Chris Lee as Kong Yuan Qing
Zhou Cai Shi as Zuo Yi An

Synopsis:
On the day he was to expose the biggest corporate scandal, An Zai Yong, the face of BIGTV News, was arrested for killing his girlfriend. A trial by media caused him his career and led his friends to betray him. In his darkest hour his only ally was his foe, Channel-X tabloid reporter Hong Xiao Lu. Together they would dig for the truth and discover who framed him and why.

Trailer:
Thanks to iswakfansubs201011 (they even subbed the trailers! :)






This drama sort of has a Pi Li MIT vibe doesn't it? It certainly remind me of it, although I never actually finished it. It got way too weird for my taste. However, this drama seems like a new role for Joe Cheng. He's so used to playing that rich, handsome boy in the romantic dramas, this might be worth a shot. Also, it doesn't look like the typical TW drama..

What do you think? Yay or nay?

12 comments:

Cerulean said...

Storyline seems interesting, but again...everybody's hair is just so blah....XD Hahah, I'm so shallow, choosing my dramas by hairstyles. :D But if you're gonna be staring at it for 16+ hours, it'd better be pretty awesome, shouldn't it? XD

Mack91 said...

Yes, I will have to agree, it's a bit shallow to choose a drama based on the characters' hairstyles.. :)

But yeah, pretty people are more interesting than ugly ones, although I don't see anything horrible regarding their hair in this one..

Cerulean said...

Well when there are 80 bazillion dramas out there and so many of them seem really interesting, you gotta use something to decide which ones to watch, right? :D

It's okay, but in general I don't like short hair on guys (actually, girls too for that matter--they look like little boys when their hair is too short, like Amber Kuo's)--long, straight, black hair on Asians the best hairstyle, in my opinion. ^_^ But Channel X seems really interesting (though I'm iffy about Joe Cheng and don't know much about Amber Kuo), so I might give it a shot anyway. ^_^

fangorn said...

hmm...I will give this drama a try - up to 2 episodes. The story, on paper, sounds interesting but the execution may be different.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I felt weird this week because there's no TW drama for me to watch :P (after EL ended) and you've introduced me to a new drama.

Mack91 said...

Cerulean, true - there are a million dramas :)
I prefer short hair on guys, but i often dislike short hair on girls. I also don't know much about Amber, don't think I've actually seen anything with her. - You'll have to give me an update on how she's doing if you decide to watch the drama ;) Because I don't have time myself.

Fangorn, you're welcome! :)
Do give me an update, if you decide to watch it. I'd like to hear your opinions.

Cerulean said...

I think short hair on guys is kinda boring; you can't do much with it....I think longer hair just looks cooler, hahah. ^_^ (Like Wu Chun's is as short as I like guys hair to be: http://www.asianpopcorn.com/battle_images/wu_zun-200906120420553.jpg I *love* Ken Zhu's hair here: http://b5media_b4.s3.amazonaws.com/10/files/2007/10/kenzhu-f4.jpg) I think longer hair is beautiful on girls (Da S in Summer's Desire is a perfect example--her hair was just gorgeous even when she was sick and had been sleeping all night. It's not fair. >_< XD). ^_^

Nia said...

This one is a yay for me. Thanks so much for the update ;)

Mack91 said...

LOL, yeah.. Barbie's hair was always nice in SD. But I'm sure she had stylists around her often too.

You're welcome, Nia :)
How come it's "yay" for you? Because of Joe?

Nia said...

I like that like you said it looks different, & Joe Cheng does bring me in, though I'm not a fan I must admit he's growing on me lately, & this character looks very different from his previous, so I'm in =P

Mack91 said...

Nia: Yes, after That Love Comes (I finished it a few weeks back), he is growing on me too. Before That Love Comes he was constantly that odd character from ISWAK. - Which I wasn't that fond of.

Nia said...

uugh! tell me about it i hated his guts in ISWAK but thanks goodness for his latter roles =P

Mack91 said...

LOL, yeah.. I thought he was totally annoying too.