Have an account?

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Questions

So I just discovered the stats function in blogger.. - In case you were wondering how on earth I missed it, I would have to say, "excellent question". It's like in the top bar, but I have just never noticed..
Anyways, I was REALLY surprised by the number of people visiting the blog every day. I was under the impression it was like 10, 20 people - max. I know there's a counter on the blog, but sometimes they are a bit inaccurate as they may count the number of people clicking in every day, regardless of IP address. I.e. if I just went on the blog 20 times a day, it would count 20.

Click:

Considering the number of people who visit, there aren't many of you who comment. Can I ask why?
Is it because I don't post anything worth discussing, because it's a hassle, is it because all comments must be approved or? (I do get quite a few SPAM comments, hence I prefer to approve all comments before they land on the blog).

Second question, is there anything you would want me to include/exclude in the blog? - I have not been the most efficient person updating in these past weeks (..and months), because different things have occupied my time. But most importantly, since Summer's Desire, I just haven't seen a TW drama (or any other TV show for that matter), that was so interesting, it motivated me to constantly seek previews and update. This blog is highly driven by my personal interest in the shows, and if none of them are interesting... Well, you get the idea.

- Would you like more music? I could potentially share more music, or you could share some of your favourite songs, since I frequently seek new songs. :)

- Would you like more previews, more structure, more information regarding the shows?

- Do you want translations to previews? - I would gladly do it, since it helps me practice my very poor Mandarin. But it's just a "waste" if no one needs them anyway.

- Would you be interested if I (in theory, if time permits), post recaps on TV shows? I won't promise they are solely based on TW, since I rarely watch them at the moment.

Lastly, would you prefer shows in other languages, or from other countries? I won't post American ones - as they have a tendency to get deleted very quickly. But say TVB, KOR, Singaporean, Chinese etc?

Sorry for babbling on and on, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to shout in the comments, or in the CBOX if commenting is too much trouble :)

8 comments:

LadyD said...

Mack, your website is great and the fact that you take the time to do at all is very much appreciated. However, it would be nice to see somemore content. More all around information about airing shows would be nice as well as recaps if and when time permits. Or just providing a place for people to have discusions about the recently aired episodes might be very nice as well.

Mack91 said...

LadyD, thank you for voicing your opinion :) I really appreciate your suggestions as well.
I will take them all into consideration and will probably do some of it, as soon as I get some other things out of the way. :)

Regarding recaps though, I always planned to finish the ones on AC (don't know if you watched that?), but I just have such a horrible habit of writing nearly every single detail, so I'll need to practice and finish that one before recapping anything else. :)

HeeHeeFriend said...

Hi, Mack. Like what LadyD said, your website is great. I actually go to this site for updates on TW dramas. Your website is also the reason why I watch so many of them! It would be nice if you could add a little more information to your site. It also might be good idea to update regularly. I know you might be busy with your own life and things but it would be better if that happened. BTW, I'm also disappointed with the dramas airing right now. None of them are appealing as Summer's Desire and Autumn's Concerto.

Mack91 said...

Heeheefriend, thanks for your suggestions as well! :)
I do plan to update more frequently and regularly, I just need to get a few other things out of the way. Then I wanna try to do new things with the blog, hopefully something more interesting ;) I'm thinking at least an update a day, but we'll see how it goes.

I know right! None of the current dramas appeal much to me, I'm only slightly interested in Channel-X, but it's not like overwhelming interest, at all..
In their defence, it's rather difficult to replace AC and SD on my top-drama list.

To the rest of you out there, feel free to also comment, all suggestions and opinions are appreciated.

Cerulean said...

Well, the reason why not too many people comment might be like this--say you get a really good tv series from the library and you love it to death, but you're not really going to talk about it with the librarian, right? We really appreciate all that you do, though. ^_^

Well, I think more music would be cool (it's really hard finding good Mandarin music on my own), and recaps would be fantastic (Often I'm slightly interested in a drama, but I don't want to invest hours and hours into something I don't *really* love). I think posting Kdramas would be awesome!! :D Honestly those are the only ones I've been watching; I haven't seen a TWDrama since SD. Kdramas seem to be a lot more interesting and higher quality than Taiwanese ones these days. =/ And I also agree that having an open thread/discussion post or a post with something provocative ("Who do you think is better for Xia Mo? Luo Xi or Ou Chen?") might be a good idea. ^_^

Mack91 said...

Cerulean, I do appreciate how you manage to put things into an entirely different perspective :) I hadn't thought of the "library-scenario", but when you mention it, it does makes sense. Although I still wish the blog was more of a forum or two-way communication instead of just me doing the "talking".

I've been thinking, and I do think I wanna incorporate more music. Music is another one of my passions. Life pretty much sucks without it. ;) Also, I'm watching a rather interesting KOR drama, which is very different from what's normally posted on the blog. I'm thinking it could be a fresh change.

Recaps are also on my to-do list. But I still have yet to finish the ones I started on Autumn's Concerto. I think I'll finish those first, and try to make them much shorter than usual. My recaps are almost more like transcripts than actual recaps, I plan to work on that :)

Regarding open thread/discussion threads, I hadn't thought of asking that very obvious question actually. XD I mean, the debates were usually quite heated regarding the pairings on SD, so don't know why I didn't think of it before. Will definitely remember that for future references as well. Overall, thanks for your contributions! :D

Cerulean said...

Well, it would be more of a forum or two-way discussion if you let it be that way--most of the time you post links to dramas and that's it; no other commentary or opinions of your own at all, and that rather discourages discussion since there's nothing to start it.

Yes, more music please! :D And no one said you only had to post TWDramas--many people watch Kdramas, Jdramas, American dramas *and* TWDramas, so I don't think anyone will mind. ^_^

Hahah yeah, recapping episodes takes a really long time, and that should probably be nearer to the bottom of the list, especially if you're a student or working.

LUO XI AND XIA MO WERE PERFECT TOGETHER AND I DARE ANYONE TO SAY OTHERWISE!! *cough cough* Erm, yes, some people do get very heated over dramas. *whistles innocently*

You're very welcome; and again, thank you for all you do, it's very much appreciated! ^_^

Mack91 said...

Good point! - That was what I was thinking too. I'm not very good at blogging in a way that makes people curious or want to start a debate.
However, I've had a hard time commenting on the TW dramas since I don't watch them.. I want to add comments, but.. don't really know much about them. - Although it's definitely an area I need to focus on.

Hehe, yeah.. Recapping is extremely time-consuming, and I'm working a 9-5 job at the moment, so time isn't something I have a whole lot of.

Based on your comment there regarding SD, I posted a poll. Suddenly I was very interested in knowing what my readers prefer. :) For myself, I really couldn't choose. Both pairings seemed convincing to me. - Although HXM is absolutely HOT.. Peter is good-looking too in that tall, buff, protective-type of way. But compared to HXM's smiles, I just melted.

In the beginning I was very much for Luo Xi, but then Ou Chen turned out to be so selfless, I couldn't decide in the end. I wanted two Xia Mo's. One for each guy, so they could both be happy ;)

..and you're welcome too! :)