Have an account?

Monday, June 02, 2008

FTLY & DCF ratings report

The ratings are out:

1 命中注定我愛你 Fated To Love You 7.84
2 蜂蜜幸運草 Honey and Clover 1.00
3 翻滾吧蛋炒飯 Rolling Love 0.97

Credits to meosles@asianfanatics.net

First off, this weeks ratings for FTLY are definitely deserved. I absolutely loved the episode, even if it was so heart-breaking, it was also so good. According to people at AF FTLY has broken all ratings in Taiwanese Idol Drama history. No. 1 on the list used to be Prince Turned Frog, but FTLY has passed them in terms of highest and average ratings. - Congratulations, really! I still find PTF better, because I prefer MingEn over TianEn. But... The  episode yesterday really convinced me that they are bloody good!

What happened in this episode, that was so good?

- Anna finally reveals her true dark, selfish, conniving b*tch! She gave XY an abortion contact that "CX wanted to give to her", only he was drawing up a new contact that would secure that XY was taken cared of after leaving her child to him and Anna.
- XY, who is heartbroken runs away from Granny's 80th b-day party and walks around in the rain.
- CX realises who gave him the Mont Blanc pen (courtesy of Dylan) and runs out to find XY.
- The miscarriage happens and CX is forced to use this specific pen to sign the papers that gives consent to abort the baby in order to save the mother.
- One week later XY is back at Jiang Mu Dao and Dylan comes and ask her if she wants to go to Shanghai with him.

 

DCF(Rolling Love):

I haven't seen the episode, so I wouldn't know if the ratings do this episode justice. But.. Usually DCF's ratings are low because they are dealing with such heavy competition like FTLY. Although, I have already realised that despite my love for the couple Danson Tang & Genie Zhuo, I prefer FTLY. - I am not doing it intentionally, I want to be fair to both dramas. But I know that I watch FTLY first, I know that what I'm looking forward to the most is FTLY. So I understand that the ratings are lower than FTLY. But DCF is not that bad! It still deserves better ratings, Jia You DCF!

0 comments: