Have an account?

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Introduction - Sunny Happiness

As promised, a new drama :)
I'm actually a bit late with introducing this one, since the first episode has already aired.

A quick recap: (I personally get confused with the number of channels some times.. )
TTV is airing: Channel-X
FTV/GTV is airing: Love Buffet
CTV is airing: Sunny Happiness
CTS is airing: Gossip Girl



Chinese name: 幸福最晴天
English name: Sunny Happiness
Genre: Romance
Channel: CTV
Episodes: 25

Click:


Cast:
Mike He
Janine Chang
Li Yi Feng

Synopsis:
As a student, Xiang Yun Jie had a great love story and ended up getting married. When an eight year old child appears as his son, his expertise in business is useless. He can only rely on Fang Yong Yong, a girl that tied to him by a paper of marriage. What will they do when their feelings develop? When their contract ends? Will they be able to see the sunny day?

(Thanks to Kimchidrama)

Trailer (w. subs)
Thanks to MikeHoFanSub

Direct Link


The synopsis is kinda off, but if you watch the trailer, I'm thinking the drama has potential :) I haven't seen anything from Mike in a while, but I think this might be worth a shot. His chemistry with the female lead is actually quite nice. The plot isn't new, I believe we've seen something similar before. But hey, if they add their own twists and turns, I'm sure it'll be fine. I don't really know the female lead, but her acting seems okay.

What do you think? Yay or nay?

8 comments:

niadinda said...

This one is definitely a yay for me!!! I love Mike He so much! (yes I'm fangirling right now) And after watching the 10 mnts trailer I believe it has a lot of potential. It can also go totally wrong and be a train wreck but I'm hoping otherwise =D

Mack91 said...

Haha, fangirling - that should totally be a verb! :D
I know right?! The synopsis was like.. O.o "Eh.. Okay", but then I gave the trailer a go, and was like.. "Oh.. that looks interesting".

Don't think it will be a complete disaster, but I've been disappointed before.. Although I think this one will be more "me" than e.g. Love Buffet.

HeeHeeFriend said...

This one seems interesting. Definitely going to try it out. Just finished watching Gong which was really good.

HeeHeeFriend said...

Me again... I realized you are really late. I've found 16 episodes on tudou!! This is a definitely a watch. Not as good as Summer's Desire or Autumn's Concerto but it will do.

Mack91 said...

Yep, agree. Based on the trailer, it's worth a shot.

Gong? - Is that ancient?


LOL "It will do.." What a compliment.. (wee bit of sarcasm used).. :) But I get it, SD and AC certainly set some skyhigh standards. Regarding the 16 episodes. - I know about those. It's the Chinese version. Some mainland channel(s?) have aired the other version. I've decided to post the TW version since the CH version always have censored parts etc. Kinda like SD.

Anonymous said...

i think its a good drama......try watching it in mysoju.blogspot.com... its nice..... ive seen a drama simimlar to this.... but i think its good because mike he is a good actor....is the female lead the one in the black and white...????

jell jamias from philippines....

HeeHeeFriend said...

Yes, Mack. Gong is ancient but it's more like a scifi historical romance. I just finished watching it too!

Mack91 said...

Anonymous: Yes, I did a quick search and Janine is indeed in Black & White.

HeeHeeFriend: I'm not into ancient dramas, for some reason I prefer modern, and science fiction is not me either, so should probably stick to other dramas :)